Not just paired, but connected
After the Shared Reading stage, there are 9 developmental reading stages (340 titles) comprising of connected books written with a different text type.
- Paired books address the same concepts, vocabulary and high-frequency words in different text types and sentence structures.
- High frequency words are gradually and systematically introduced and reused at the early levels.
- There is a high rate of repetition of high-frequency words and a low ration of unfamiliar words at the early levels.
- There is a balance of illustrated narrative and photographic informative books.
- There is a wide range of text types – narratives, recounts, procedures, explanations, reports and persuasive texts.